Exam certificates from the Summer 2018 A Level and GCSE/iGCSE exams have been available for collection since Monday 19th November.
Current students: You received a notification of an assembly slot during which time you were able to collect and sign for your certificates last year. Please contact your Head of Year or Mr Wood if you are unsure.
Former students (Old Wulfrunians): Your certificates will be available for collection from Main Reception. If you are unable to come in person, please send a representative on your behalf who will need to bring proof of ID.
Unfortunately, we are unable to post certificates out.
Remember to keep certificates safe. Once you have collected them, if they become lost, you will need to contact exam boards personally to arrange for replacements.
Congratulations to all last year’s Year 11 and Year 13 students who performed so well. The numbers in brief:
- Over 50% of GCSE and iGCSE students achieved only A* or A grades (or equivalent)
- Students studied towards an impressive 706 GCSE and iGCSE awards
- 329 A*s (or equivalent+) and 189 A grades awarded
- 73% of all grades awarded were A* or A (or equivalent)
- 23% of all reformed GCSEs taken received the coveted 9 award
For A Level:
- 83% of all grades awarded were A* to C (or equivalent)
- A third of all students achieved A* or A (or equivalent)
- A*-B average (2012-2018) is 71%
Kathy Crewe-Read, Head of Wolverhampton Grammar School said “To achieve the top grade of A* takes a combination of excellent teaching, hard work and determination. Happy students do well and for so many of our students to achieve an A*, A or truly exceptional 9 is a credit to their brilliant teachers and the extraordinary pastoral support in place at School.”
All well above the national average and yet again securing the place as Wolverhampton’s top Independent School.