Well done to all the Year 11 students who are determined to complete the annual “Coast 2 Coast” challenge this weekend!
Lockdown and the COVID-19 pandemic has meant that training and the route itself has been a little different this year. Thank you to all parents who helped support them by running our virtual C2C over the Summer!
This year’s team are now running the equivalent distance over the weekend of Saturday 17th and Sunday 18th October as two 12-hour days (7am to 7pm) at Cannock Chase. This will involve the students completing the 187-mile distance on a 7.5k off-road circuit. Each student will run as a continuous relay.
We are very grateful to our sponsors and supporters, including:
- Cannock Chase Forestry Commission, who have been incredibly supportive in helping us host the event there. This includes the support of the Grounds Café & Cycle Centre
- RMW who provided all our red training tops
- Tarmac and Premier Sports for our C2C hoodies and medals
- Blakemore Foundation for a £50 voucher towards supplies
- Holroyd Howe for the supplies of water, food and snacks for the students
The aim of this traditional event at School is to raise as much money as possible for a charity chosen by the runners themselves. This year’s charity is Brain Tumour Support.
You can donate now here:
Thank you again for your support and good luck to all the students involved! You can follow the squad’s progress during the challenge on our School social media channels over half term.