Results and pass rates for the School are well above the national average, consistently year on year securing our place as the City’s top Independent School.
Pupils from the national award winning School – judged “Excellent” in all areas by school Inspectors – celebrated another year of top GCSE and A Level results in 2020.
Congratulations to all our Year 11 and Upper Sixth students who have performed exceptionally well. The numbers in brief:
GCSE and iGCSEs
- 87 students studied towards an incredible 824 GCSE and iGCSE awards
- 529 Grade 9, 8 or 7 awards (equivalent to A* – A)
- 169 coveted Grade 9s awarded
- 99.3% achieved equivalent A* – C grades
- Nearly half of all students achieved nothing but the top grades in 9 or more subjects
A Level and Cambridge Technical awards
- 200 A Levels and Cambridge Technical awards
- 100% pass rate and a full house of Cambridge Technical Distinction grades awarded to Sixth Form students studying IT and PE
- 111 coveted A* and A grades awarded
- 95% achieved equivalent A* – C grades
This year, Sixth Form students from Wolverhampton Grammar School have achieved the highest number of A*- A grades for over 10 years, with 56% of entries receiving the top two grades.
Students from the national award winning school have, despite an unprecedented final few months, achieved impressive results securing places at the very best universities on highly competitive courses.
Students secured an impressive 100% success rate in the vast range of subjects ranging from Art, Biology, Further Maths, French, English Literature, Economics, German to Business Studies, Design & Technology, Geography, Chemistry, Physics, English Language, Business Studies, Economics, Government & Politics, History, Music, Psychology, Religious Studies to Theatre Studies.
Wolverhampton Grammar School always has an expert team in place over the coming weeks for students and their families to talk through subject results and post results services. Just one of the reasons this national award winning school was recently judged “Excellent” in all areas following an inspection by the Independent Schools Inspectorate.
Sixth Form students have the opportunity to study at least three subjects at Sixth Form, with some choosing to go the extra mile with a fourth subject. As well as A levels, students at the School achieved outstanding success in Cambridge Technical qualifications and the Extended Project Qualification (EPQ). Students studying Information Technology (IT) and PE achieved a full house of Distinction grades.